Friday, January 22, 2010

GHAR KA KHANA... (UMMMHHH)













GHAR KA KHANA

When I was a child,
My mother made fresh food,
This made me stand stood.

The Roti flavored with Ghee,
Made my day healthy and lovely.

The aroma of the curry,
Makes me hurry.
To glob it all,
Not to spare it for any.

The Love of my mother mixed with Dahi,
Licked my palm,
Not to leave behind any.

Mom cooked Home cooked food,
For my health which was so good.

Times changed,
Something to loose,
For something to Gain.

Now when I moved to city,
My work keeps me so busy.
I eat all crap which wreaks my body,
And lowers my sturdy.

I drink energy drinks,
Laced with cocaine.

Take-away isn’t Nice,
What do I do I have No choice?

Now it’s in the news,
The Cooking Oil used isn’t good. 


Milk is adulterated,
This makes my bones diluted.

Use of preservatives,
To shelf the Food,
For my brains,
Isn’t Good.

I must stop eating food,
This for my Life isn’t good.

I long for my mother’s Food,
Though not as colorful as in those Recipes book.

I long for my mother’s Food,
I long for my mother’s Food.

 (DEDICATED TO ALL YOU GUYS WHO MISS THEIR HOME FOOD WHEN AWAY)


By: Md. Azharuddin Khan

3 comments:

  1. just one word, Azhar.. 'YUMM!'

    Regards
    Aki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sahi hai Dude....good one.....

    Would suggest something on the Indian Politicians.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Kartik... But I need to start studying.. Will do it after exams... Keep on coming with new topics and I will see how I can translate that into poetic verses...

    ReplyDelete